Cancer Support Program
Fallon Health’s Cancer Support Program is a central resource for our members who are being treated for cancer and for the providers who care for them.
By using a Care Team model, we provide support, coordination and navigation of the health care system during the treatment period through ongoing engagement.
As a health plan benefit, this program is free to the member. It is voluntary, confidential and does not affect the patients’ benefits in any way.
What we do for our members, your patients
The Cancer Support Program provides:
- Education and information about diagnosis, treatment, healthy living and more
- Psychosocial support for the individual and his or her family
- Coordination between treating providers
How we assist you
The Cancer Support Program provides a central resource at Fallon for providers and members. We collaborate with you to coordinate the care for your patients so that they get the most out of their medical benefits and resources.
Who is eligible
- Fallon Health Commercial, Medicaid and Medicare members with cancer who:
- Are receiving active treatment (chemotherapy, radiation therapy, biopharmocologics, palliative therapy and surgeries, including transplant)
- Live in Massachusetts, in our service area
This program is not for members who have:
- Basal cell carcinoma
- Cancer managed by a single surgery where no further treatment is needed
- Cancer managed by hormonal maintenance therapy
Referring a patient to the Cancer Support Program
Patients may join the program at any time during their treatment. They may also leave the program at any time if they decide.
To refer a patient to the Cancer Support Program, call us at 1-800-333-2535, ext. 78002, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.