Using Microsoft Excel provider lists
Using filters to find providers
When you first open an Excel provider list, you'll see that the providers are organized alphabetically by provider name. But the list is set up with filters that you can use to refine your search.
For example, if you only want to see providers located in the town of Shrewsbury:
- Click the drop-down arrow at the right of the "City" column.
- From the list that appears, choose "Shrewsbury."
To remove the filter and to see the entire list of providers again:
- Click the drop down arrow at the right of the "City" column.
- From the list that appears, choose "(All)."
Using search to find a provider by name
- First, remove all your filters and make sure you're viewing the entire provider list. (See the instructions above.)
TIP: If a filter is "turned on" for column, the arrow to the right of it will be blue.
- On your keyboard, press the "Ctrl" and "f" keys at the same time.
- In the box that pops up, type in the provider's name, then click the "Find Next" button.
- The screen will jump down to the first provider listing with that name. Continue to click "Find Next" to see other providers with that name.