Information about coronavirus
Updated April 27, 2020
Fallon 365 Care is monitoring public health developments and guidance related to novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The safety and well-being of our members is a top priority for Fallon 365 Care.
What to do if you have symptoms
- Check your symptoms with Buoy, a free online tool available to all Massachusetts residents.
You can use Buoy to check your symptoms, figure out if you should be tested for coronavirus, and learn about care options available to you.
- If you have any of the symptoms below, you should contact your primary care provider. It's not recommended that you go directly to urgent care or an emergency room unless advised by a doctor or other provider.
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with your elbow or with tissues (not with your hand).
- Avoid touching your face and have tissues available.
- To help stop the spread of COVID-19, you should stay home. If you must go out, avoid crowds and practice social distancing—do not be within 6 feet of individuals in a public space. The CDC also recommends that you wear a cloth face covering if you have to be out in public. How to make and wear cloth face coverings (CDC).
- You can access telehealth services from all network providers who are offering these services. To schedule a telehealth visit, you can contact your provider at the same phone number you would use to request an in-office visit.
- You can use Teladoc to get access to doctors and nurses by phone or online.
- You can use NurseConnect (our 24/7 nurse call line) to receive medical services or advice at no cost to you. Call 1-877-219-0874 (TDD/TTY: 1-800-848-0160).
- You can also access physical therapy/occupational therapy/speech therapy (PT/OT/ST) services through both telephonic telehealth visits and video telehealth visits. This will be effective while Massachusetts is under a state of emergency.
We are waiving early refill limits on drug prescriptions for all Fallon members who fill their medications, including specialty medications, at any in-network pharmacy.
You can also receive early refills for certain maintenance medication prescriptions up to a 90-day supply ahead of schedule. Your pharmacy simply needs to submit code 13 (SCC13) for coverage.
Some pharmacies are offering free home delivery of medications. Contact your pharmacy directly to learn more.
Fallon is extending existing prior authorization. If your prior authorization expires between 3/17/20 and 5/30/20, it will be automatically extended to 5/31/20.
Maintaining emotional health and well-being
Taking care of your emotional health and well-being during this time is important. Decreasing stress can help bolster your immune system and can help keep you and others around you healthy.
- During this time of social distancing, consider creative ways to fight isolation and loneliness which can worsen some mental health symptoms.
- There's a lot of information being shared about COVID-19. Not all of it is accurate and the bombardment of news and updates can add to an already stressful situation. To stay informed, but not overwhelmed, bookmark the websites in the "For more information" section below.
- If you need mental health support
- Contact your behavioral health provider to see if they can schedule a telehealth visit. Telehealth is a virtual therapy session. Many providers are now offering this option.
- Contact SAMHSA's Disaster Distress Helpline. The Helpline provides 24/7, 365-day-a-year crisis counseling and support to people experiencing emotional distress related to natural or human-caused disasters. Call 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746 to connect with a trained crisis counselor.
- Contact the Massachusetts Emergency Services Program/Mobile Crisis Intervention (ESP/MCI) - 1-877-382-1609.
- You can find additional information and resources at https://www.mass.gov/info-details/maintaining-emotional-health-well-being-during-the-covid-19-outbreak.
Be aware of scams
Unfortunately, during this time, there is a greater risk of people trying to run scams. Here are a few tips that you should keep in mind:
- Do not respond to texts, emails, or calls requesting your personal information in exchange for a COVID-19 stimulus check. COVID-19 economic impact checks will be delivered based on 2018 or 2019 tax return information, so no action is required for most people.
- Ignore offers for a COVID-19 vaccine, cure, or treatment. Remember, if there is a medical breakthrough, you won’t hear about it for the first time through an email, online ad, or unsolicited sales pitch.
- Research any charities or crowdfunding sites soliciting donations in connection with COVID-19 before giving. An organization may not be legitimate even if it uses words like “CDC” or “government” in its name.
- Be cautious of purchasing personal protective equipment (PPE) from unknown third-party vendors. Verify that the company is legitimate before ordering their products or sending money.
- Never click on a link or open an email attachment from an unknown or unverified source. Links and attachments may be embedded with a virus that will infect your computer or mobile device. To better protect yourself against malware, make sure your anti-virus software is operating and up-to-date.
- Legitimate insurance companies, like Fallon Health, are not selling supplemental insurance coverage related to COVID-19 at an additional cost. Please be sure to contact our Customer Service department if you receive any solicitation offering you the option to purchase any additional insurance policies or change the terms of your current coverage.
For more information
For the latest information on coronavirus:
- Visit the CDC’s website
- Visit the Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ website.
- Visit Buoy, a free online tool available to all Massachusetts residents
- Call our dedicated COVID-19 hotline at 1-877-835-8440.
Si usted, o alguien a quien usted está ayudando, tiene preguntas acerca de Fallon Health, tiene derecho a obtener ayuda e información en su idioma sin costo alguno. Para hablar con un intérprete, llame al 1-800-868-5200.
Se você, ou alguém a quem você está ajudando, tem perguntas sobre o Fallon Health, você tem o direito de obter ajuda e informação em seu idioma e sem custos. Para falar com um intérprete, ligue para 1-800-868-5200.
如果您，或是您正在協助的對象，有關於[插入項目的名稱 Fallon Health 方面的問題，您有權利 免費以您的母語得到幫助和訊息。洽詢一位翻譯員，請撥電話 [在此插入數字 1-800-868-5200.
Nếu quý vị, hay người mà quý vị đang giúp đỡ, có câu hỏi về Fallon Health, quý vị sẽ có quyền được giúp và có thêm thông tin bằng ngôn ngữ của mình miễn phí. Để nói chuyện với một thông dịch viên, xin gọi 1-800-868-5200.
ប្រសិនបរើអ្នក ឬនរណាម្ននក់ដែលអ្នកកំពុងដែជួយ ម្ននសំណួរអ្ំពី Fallon Health បេ, អ្នកម្ននសិេធិេេួលជំនួយនិងព័ែ៌ម្នន បៅកនុងភាសា ររស់អ្នក បោយមិនអ្ស់ប្ាក់ ។ បែើមបីនិយាយជាមួយអ្នករកដប្រ សូម 1-800-868-5200 ។